Looking for retro-fit automation

Ouch - given that, what, if any, Advantage does the $500 intelliconnect give the op over a simple wifi timer (beyond freeze protection) ?
Heater control.

Opportunity to control IntelliChlor SWG and IntelliFlo pump when existing equipment dies and is replaced.

Reactions: Ahultin
You should take a look at intelliflo3 with IO relay. It’s not within the $750 budget, but you’ll get immediate savings in electricity. You could use one relay for salt and the other for heater. You’ll get the WiFi technology. You won’t be able to adjust temp on heater or be able to read the temp on your phone and the pump would need to be replumbed because of port size. Food for thought.
You can also make the features on the relays flow dependent in settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude and Ahultin
Heater control.

Opportunity to control IntelliChlor SWG and IntelliFlo pump when existing equipment dies and is replaced.
Yes, heater control is the thing I'm looking for that a general WiFi controller wouldn't offer, and then like you mentioned, as equipment fails and needs replaced, swap for something that will work in this model

with our simple pool setup, and no room for additional features or spa, etc.... really just a basic pump, salt, and heater control is all that's needed.

Then you have only one hot line and use one LINE and LOAD screw.

Is the pump on a GFCI Circuit Breaker?

Yes, pump is supplied by a 15amp GFCI breaker
SWG is supplied by 20amp standard breaker, power to SWG is from a GFCI outlet - not plugged in, but they pulled the power from the outlet box (not sure why, my panel has LOTS of space)

See pictureequipment_pad.jpg

Thanks for all the information everyone.
I'm just waiting on a quote from a local pool store (would rather purchase from small biz if i can). Wire seems simple as well now that i understand it a little better.
it also looks like i won't have to use the fireman's switch on the heater, as mine allows for remote control for a 2 or 3 wire controller based on the install/user guide (pg 20):

Raypak 156 installation guide

Thanks for all the help with everything.
i was able to order the IntelliConnect from a local pool store, 3-4wks lead time. I also purchased the temp sensor.

will update the thread once installed and configured - hopefully the install goes well!

thanks again

-Philip

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.