Looking for New Filter and Pump

htech

Jun 4, 2012
I have a 21x41 Doughboy above ground pool with 7ft deep end. My Doughboy 2hp pump is shot. I'm looking at replacing my sandfilter as well as it's about 10 years old. I have been looking at a cartridge filter. I have a couple questions for the experts out there to make sure I am on track.

Let me know if I'm off track but here's my thoughts:

Pentair or Hayward Cartridge filter. Have been looking at the Xtream cartridge pump combos and Pentair clean and clear pump combos. I'm trying to find a two speed pump. (2hp with two speeds). My pool is hard plumbed. I have looked at in ground equipment but it gets really pricey. I think a 150 to 200 cartridge filter would be decent. One model I'm looking at in particular is the Pentair 200 (PNCC0200OP2160). Is this still a current model? I'm trying to find the one with two speed pump and it seems like lots of online stores do not have this model. I would like to get a pump filter combo on a mount similar so I can just change it out. There are lots of online stores just don't want to get ripped off. The big name pool places seem to have some lower end sized filters for AGP but I think I'm looking at this pentair system unless the Xtream's smaller size is a work horse.

Also my current sandfilter has a recirculate, pump to waste valve on it. There are times that I need to pump out after a large rain. It looks like cartridge filters don't have this option so I will have to add some type of fitting to divert after the pump or to the filter? I think I saw on Hayward there was a union valve that fits in between the pump and filter to diver water out (not backwash since you don't need to backwash cartridges).

Thanks for any advice!

Sean

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.