Looking for HONEST Pool Supply Vendor

May 3, 2015
Moorpark, CA
I've now had three companies try to scam me by saying they are selling me Pentair or Polaris parts, and they substitute cheap knockoffs thinking I won't notice. I I want to give my money to honest, hard working people who send out the parts they say the will. I only buy brand names. Let me know if you have any recommendations. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the suggestions. In my experience and opinion, though, you can take Pool Supply World off the list of reputable vendors. Also it looks like BBB agrees with my assessment. Pool Supply World has a BBB rating of "F". I won't buy from them again.

One reason I continue to patronize Leslie's is that they have genuine parts when I need them right now.

Leslie's Pool Supplies
778 NEW LOS ANGELES AVE STE E-2
MOORPARK, CA 93021-3591
(805) 529-0962

Where are you buying these parts from? Online pool supply sites, or somewhere like eBay or amazon?
How do you know their knockoffs?
They are pool supply sites. It's easy to tell they are knockoffs. For one, they are not in Polaris packaging. I've also gone on the Polaris and Pentair websites, and products shipped by these sites do not have the correct markings.

One reason I continue to patronize Leslie's is that they have genuine parts when I need them right now.

Leslie's Pool Supplies
778 NEW LOS ANGELES AVE STE E-2
MOORPARK, CA 93021-3591
(805) 529-0962
Thank you! I've been to that store, and the one in Thousand Oaks. They are a bit pricey, but their parts are authentic. Unfortunately, lately, with the effect of COVID on the supply chain, they have been short on some parts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
checked with Polytech and Inyo Pools. Both said they sell Polaris branded parts. I'll give them a try. Thanks for the tip.
I can speak for INYO this week. I wanted a specific filter that they didn’t sell anymore. With many others to sell instead they immediately fired off 2 competitors that might have it for me.

Its a great way to build trust with a customer and they proved what I’ve read here time and time and time again. It makes me want to use them for all the things that they DO have to sell me.

I had 4 calls to them in total this last month and all were nothing but friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

I can speak for INYO this week. I wanted a specific filter that they didn’t sell anymore. With many others to sell instead they immediately fired off 2 competitors that might have it for me.

Its a great way to build trust with a customer and they proved what I’ve read here time and time and time again. It makes me want to use them for all the things that they DO have to sell me.

I had 4 calls to them in total this last month and all were nothing but friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
Thank you for the report on Inyo Pools. That sounds like the type of supplier I am looking for. Once I find a good supplier, I stick with them.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.