Looking for advice on poolside sound system.

I use a simple Bluetooth audio receiver connected to JBL EONs. I play Spotify from my phone. They rock the house.

You can get similar wifi devices.

Last edited:
I use an Apple TV connected to my whole-house amp for this. But I'm beaming my music (via WiFi) from Apple devices & don't know whether Android devices can talk to it.

I finally got tired of all my friends nagging me and bought a Sonos system with two Roam speakers that we take outside. I know I'll get lambasted for this but I despise my system. The Roam speakers are always breaking their stereo pair, one of them had to be reset the other day which required 30 minutes of searching the web for answers, numerous speakers are ALWAYS unselected when I go to play anything, and the sound bar is unimpressive. I searched for another solution and when I couldn't find one I gave up and paid a small fortune for Sonos and I regret it. If you go with Sonos, skip the Roam and go for the Move speakers for outside as they sound much better.

The BlueTooth audio receiver mentioned previously sounds interesting.

The OP said he has several speakers installed poolside with a dedicated amp installed in the main house.

So he just needs the Sonos PORT for streaming to connect his amp to and he gets all the content with the sound quality of his amp and speakers.

I currently have several speakers installed poolside with a dedicated amp installed in the main house. Would like to play music from Android phone via WiFi network (not Bluetooth). Any good apps and hardware device for this.

You can connect the analog output to your amplifier.

I have a version with an amplifier (WXA-50) and I love it.

+1 for sonos with sonance outdoor speakers since is simple to use and it works flawlessly as long as you have good WIFI outside . sound is amazing . buy the set from bestbuy when its on sale , comes with amp 6 speakers and subwoofer. 14/4 or 12/4 direct burial speaker wire will work well.

Best Buy Link

+1 for sonos with sonance outdoor speakers since is simple to use and it works flawlessly as long as you have good WIFI outside . sound is amazing . buy the set from bestbuy when its on sale , comes with amp 6 speakers and subwoofer. 14/4 or 12/4 direct burial speaker wire will work well.

Best Buy Link
Dang what a rip. Too rich for my blood!

• Haha
Reactions: SunnyP2000
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.