Looking for a Type of PVC Fitting

jongig said:
If I were you I'd replace the plumbing on all three valves at the same time and it would be so much easier. The valves look like 2 inch/2.5 inch valves. Cut the three off and cap the three pipes coming out of the ground with schedule 80 male threaded adapters. you can use threaded pvc niples between the valves and then they can be reused by cutting the threaded niples and replacing the niples which costs very little.

Heh, I'm no plumbing genius, so I'll have to mull over what you're talking about here. Can't really envision it now, but it sounds interesting.

Lershac said:
Yeah there's a leak there then. If you run a heavy flow of water over the valve when it's gushing air does the air decrease or stop? Another trick is to tape plastic around the valve in question to let it suck out all the air and let the plastic seal up the leak. If that works it's def the valve.

If the welds are good and the body isn't cracked I would def rebuild. They are good valves. Try taking it apart and seeing if any mating surfaces look nicked or cut? Some petro gel might help there.

Hi,
It's hard getting a solid flow behind it, which is where I am hearing a leak. Additionally, I took the motor off my pump today because the seal plate was broken from the Last "Pool Guy" installing the motor incorrectly and the motor mounts disintegrated when the bolts were backed out! I started a tread about it. So my troubleshooting kinda stopped.

I have already replaced all 3 o-rings in all three valves. I suppose that is what you mean by a rebuild?

I don't see how it could not be the valve. But I'm really open to theories!

I actually hope it's the valve!

So if you guys had to replace the 2-way valves, which ones would you buy? Stay with Pentair or Jandy, or which other?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.