LOOKING FOR A ROBOT CLEANER NEED ADVICE!

So really the robot isn't worth it?
To me, a robot is absolutely worth it. I genuinely have not thought about debris in the pool for many years. It's just a non-issue (and I'm surrounded by trees. I hit the button and walk away. We keep our CHicago-area pool open until October. At one point I got really lazy and ignored the pool for a week. There was a carpet of leaves lining the pool bottom. It took two cycles but the robot cleared the pool and kept working until the basket was packed with leaves. It's the only choice for me.

I have three robots in three pools. I've been using them for about 15 years and I love them.

They are not for everyone, but "most" of the people that don't like them have never actually used them. I few have found that they cost more than they wanted to spend, but even they will admit they do a great job of cleaning your pool.

I also have saltwater pools that have salt cells. I consider the cells to be consumables as I know they will only last about 5 to 7 years before they need to be replaced. I consider robots to be consumables also. My last robot lasted 7 years. Even at a $1,000 each, if they last for 5 years that is $200 bucks a year. I see that as a great investment in my pool maintenance.

I find it funny what some people consider valve compared to others.. My daughter would rather cut off a leg as not have a new iPhone. I find that a total waste of money. She does not. Whether robots are a waste of money is in the eye of the individual pool owner.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.