longer Circupool power cord

Alex36

Oct 14, 2017
Athens,NY
Before I start to install my swg, I found this thread about making the RJ power cord longer. Does this apply to all Circupool control modules? I purchased the Universal 25.

I have a Universal Series controller. I just swapped it out on warranty, and also moved where it was mounted. It was in direct sun on a west-facing wall, so it was looking pretty raggedy, and some of the LCD screen wasn't working right. Previous homeowner install.

Anyway, the cord that was attached to the old controller was much longer, so I swapped it in. It is very similar to how the cord in the attached thread is hooked up, other than the black wire is different than my controller. (In my controller, and likely yours, the black wire attaches to a screw like the white wire, so you need two of those connectors. I'd say, use that thread as a guide, but match the wire attachments to what the controller currently has.

... After I got it all hooked up with the longer wire, I looked more closely and noticed that the longer wire was longer because the previous owner simply twisted together the wires to extend it! I really need to correct that with a fresh wire! It's on the list someplace.

Here's a pic I took when I removed the old control unit to send in so I could reference where the wires go to reinstall.

1000035989.jpg