Literally a coffee thread … 😂

Me too … “coffee” is coffee and cream, that’s it. No sugar. No syrups. No whip cream . No sprinkles. Just coffee and cream.
I like the person at Starbuck’s who takes 10 minutes to explain their order including exact ingredients like 15 milligrams (Not 14 and not 16) of Brazilian Nutmeg from a specific field of a specific farm and 20 other ingredients with equal specificity.

:goodjob:

Reactions: Newdude
I like the person at Starbuck’s who takes 10 minutes to explain their order including exact ingredients like 15 milligrams (Not 14 and not 16) of Brazilian Nutmeg from a specific field of a specific farm and 20 other ingredients with equal specificity.

Dutch Bros gets the stink-eye from me every time I pass them. That place does NOT sell coffee … it sells sugary, milk-based drinks that someone waves a coffee pot over. It’s basically diabetes-in-a-cup. I went there once and asked for a cup of ice coffee with cream. The girl at the window literally could not figure out how to input that into the touchscreen register. She had to call over their manager and they took like 5mins to override the screen choices and do some kind of custom order … I was like “it’s frickin’ coffee with cream in it, how hard is that!?!?” And it still cost me like $6 🤬🤬🤬

And now McDonalds is getting into the game with some kind of new franchise they’re setting up that does “coffee confectionery drinks” … 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
I short circuit them at SB everytime ordering a mocha with splash of milk.

'Sir it has Milk in it'

'Yes, I'd like a splash of regular milk anyway please. It adds a little bit of creaminess and lowers the temp by a couple degrees'

'So you want kid temp?'

'No. I want a splash of 🤬 milk added. Please.'

'Sir it is made with milk'.

:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

I short circuit them at SB everytime ordering a mocha with splash of milk.

'Sir it has Milk in it'

'Yes, I'd like a splash of regular milk anyway please. It adds a little bit of creaminess and lowers the temp by a couple degrees'

'So you want kid temp?'

'No. I want a splash of 🤬 milk added. Please.'

'Sir it is made with milk'.

:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

What really tweaks my melons is I could ask for some berries that I never heard of before or zest from a dung beetle and they'd happily oblige. But they cant compute plain old milk. I want it hot but not on the verge of boiling. It's pretty simple.

The rainbow colored hair dyes and heavy metal poisoning from the 35 different body parts that have been pierced causes them to lose cognitive and executive brain functioning ...

What really tweaks my melons is I could ask for some berries that I never heard of before or zest from a dung beetle and they'd happily oblige. But they cant compute plain old milk. I want it hot but not on the verge of boiling. It's pretty simple.

Starbuck's capitalized on the "trendy urban metro-sexual" demographic and they rake in HUGE amounts of profit selling people water with "flavoring". The working-stiff, blue-color demographic (you know, the people that actually do REAL work in this world) is not their target ... they don't like you and they hold their noses when they have to deal with dirty, unwashed masses ...

Now Dunkin ... now there's a blue-color coffee outfit -

BEST SUPERBOWL COMMERCIAL EVAH!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I make my own coffee at home the way I like it every time all the time. No lines, no how'd you like your coffee...
When I travel it's still my coffee to my taste. A couple years back on a transatlantic flight I was well prepared with my coffee grinds already in the filter and had my pour over for it with me too. One hour into the flight I went to the back and asked for them to fill my twenty ounce cup with hot water and made my coffee then and there. When all was done I snapped the cover on and proceeded to my seat. If I tell you it didn't take 5 minutes for people to smell the fresh brew and go to the back thinking they're getting good coffee. I got the stares like....where did you get that coffee.....

So I make my own coffee at home the way I like it every time all the time. No lines, no how'd you like your coffee...
When I travel it's still my coffee to my taste. A couple years back on a transatlantic flight I was well prepared with my coffee grinds already in the filter and had my pour over for it with me too. One hour into the flight I went to the back and asked for them to fill my twenty ounce cup with hot water and made my coffee then and there. When all was done I snapped the cover on and proceeded to my seat. If I tell you it didn't take 5 minutes for people to smell the fresh brew and go to the back thinking they're getting good coffee. I got the stares like....where did you get that coffee.....

I’m surprised TSA let you through with all that gear without a full body cavity search … 😳

• Wow
Reactions: JamesW
Matt I have to thank you. I was watching a Korean show on Netflix about a hapless serial killer and they talked about their Moka pot and I didn't wonder what the heck a mocha pot was as it sounded.

Nice, although I am disappointed that you did not take the effort to create a distinctive design with the foam.

It’s like a Magic-Eye poster … if you relax your eyes and achieve divergent vision you’ll see Allen (@ajw22 ) in a pair of speedos … it’s hard, just keep staring 👀

I'm not a big coffee guy, I only usually drink it in the winter if I'm working outside. The wife drinks it every day, all day long. That being said, some of the pictures in this thread look very good to me, maybe espresso is more my thing.

Went through a somewhat geeky period with coffee a few years ago. Bought a burr grinder and an Aeropress. Spent a lot of time working out ratios and water temperatures trying to find the right extraction. Eventually realized I found more fun in making it than drinking it and I gave up messing with it. Wife still uses the burr grinder for her morning coffee, though.. with a B&D drip coffee maker from 1994. Just came across the Aeropress a few days ago and laughed.

It’s like a Magic-Eye poster … if you relax your eyes and achieve divergent vision you’ll see Allen (@ajw22 ) in a pair of speedos … it’s hard, just keep staring 👀

Wow, it's a schooner!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support