Liquid filled pressure gauge! Inexpensive!!!! 8.19 (9/12/13)

Re: Liquid filled pressure gauge! Inexpensive!!!! SALE $7.99

Any of these oil filled meters are way better than the usual pool store gauge, and will last far longer despite whatever minor corrosion issues they may or may not have.

Re: Liquid filled pressure gauge! Inexpensive!!!! 8.19 (3/26

I tried looking at the site with the oil filled gauges but could not find a 0-30 psi replacement for this old gauge off a Hayward SP0715: http://imgur.com/t07vM3f

Can anyone comment on that image link as to the rusted old gauge being 1/8 NPT or 1/4 NPT ? I don't know if the value (1/8" vs 1/4") is an outside diameter including threads or an inside diameter.... :(

Thanks!

McFlubbin said:
Can anyone comment on that image link as to the rusted old gauge being 1/8 NPT or 1/4 NPT ? I don't know if the value (1/8" vs 1/4") is an outside diameter including threads or an inside diameter.... :(

Lowes & Home Depot, as well as most Mom & Pop or even Ace Hardware stores have thread cards that you can thread something like that into to determine which thread type it is.
I'd suggest cleaning up the threads 1st though, that way you get a true fit.

It looks like you have some galvanic dissimilar metal corrosion on the nipple. Nothing some steel wool and a bit of time won't cure. Or a dip into a really strong solution of lye... short dip... wear gloves. :)

wtrtoys said:
I just ordered and received mine for a hayward multiport and it was 1/4". I ordered a bottom mount but in my situation wish I had ordered a back mount:-( Oh well, next time
I have Hayward multiports, and I need to get 2 new gauges. Why did you wish you got the back mount?

Also, because they're liquid filled, do they have to be positioned upright? Or is the liquid inside only for lubrication and not function? I don't know if a back mount will fit my filter, and if I use the bottom mount, the gauge will lay flat, with the dial facing up. Is this ok?

Because of the way my new multiport is, a backmount would make it stand upright, as where now I had to put a brass 90 on there in order to accomplish this.
I cant imagine it would affect anything, no matter which way it was positioned, but I don't know for sure.

Attachments

• 20130410_191040.jpg
    20130410_191040.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 56

McFlubbin said:
...Can anyone comment on that image link as to the rusted old gauge being 1/8 NPT or 1/4 NPT ? I don't know if the value (1/8" vs 1/4") is an outside diameter including threads or an inside diameter....

For anyone else that may find the dimensions confusing I found a nifty chart that should help. Who would've guessed a 1/4" NPT was actually sized a little over 1/2"? Crazy!

http://www.fairburyfastener.com/xdims_pipe_threads.htm

In regards to the current sale... For those that do such things, I just noticed a link at the bottom of the page to "like us on Facebook" that will get you 10% off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.