cbraeuer

Jul 12, 2023
North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello everyone! I have an issue, I usually buy liquid chlorine from Walmart and just ran out. I just checked all Walmarts in a 50 mile radius and they are all out!
What is my next move? I live in Southern NC and I don't know what to use instead.
Any suggestions would be great!

74 in stock in Fayetteville...Aisle 67, Bay 008. Go for lunch, buy the chlorine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Plain unadulterated Household bleach.
No scents, flavors, no splashless, no fabric conditioners (Cloromax technology) etc.
Look for generics.
Also call around to janitorial & pressure washing suppliers

Comparing the two...

The HD HDX is $0.651/oz.*
Great Value is $0.848/oz.*
*Standardizing the volume to 100% chlorine concentration.

Depending on the number of bottles you need, may be worth the drive for ~25% discount.

The msds shows that the plain cloralen is also unadulterated - be sure you don’t get splashless
It’s usually fairly cheap if you can find it at Walmart, aldi, or dollar general
IMG_7593.jpeg
I use the little bottles of it in the winter for my hot tub

74 in stock in Fayetteville...Aisle 67, Bay 008. Go for lunch, buy the chlorine.

What happen? All of sudden tbeyvare all gone. There were so many about 2 weeks ago.
The HDX is more expensive than what I was used to paying. I woukd get away with a gallon every two days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230909_003005_Walmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230909_003005_Walmart.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 3
^^^I have no idea what you are saying. You have a couple options in your area. HD HDX or WM Great Value Bleach. Cost comparison above.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What happen? All of sudden tbeyvare all gone. There were so many about 2 weeks ago.
The HDX is more expensive than what I was used to paying. I woukd get away with a gallon every two days.
Happens every year. Just went through this yesterday. Stopped by Walmart on way home and as soon as I saw the shelving rearranged, knew I was too late! They don't set back up for and stock the chlorine again till about May or June. It's Home Depot now for as long as they keep it but is a good bit more expensive. Last resort is to drive about half hour to an independent pool supply store.

I just gave up on liquid chlorine this week. I'm in North Dallas area and can't find any in Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot or Leslie's. It's been 2 weeks like this. Been buying the chloralen bleach (bleach from Mexico), but it's only 5-6%. Got tired of lugging gallons. At current price point in my area running liquid chlorine is about 45% more expensive than tablets. Just bit the bullet on a 25lbs trichlor for $150 on Amazon. I'll have to drain the pool at some point since by CYA is currently around 35-40...

I just gave up on liquid chlorine this week. I'm in North Dallas area and can't find any in Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot or Leslie's. It's been 2 weeks like this. Been buying the chloralen bleach (bleach from Mexico), but it's only 5-6%. Got tired of lugging gallons. At current price point in my area running liquid chlorine is about 45% more expensive than tablets. Just bit the bullet on a 25lbs trichlor for $150 on Amazon. I'll have to drain the pool at some point since by CYA is currently around 35-40...
Or swcg - make your own chlorine

Reactions: kellyfair
You’de save a bunch of money switching to a salt chlorinator.

Reactions: proavia
Do you have a Menard’s by you, by any chance? They have by far the cheapest liquid chlorine I’ve found and it is 12.5%. It’s cheaper than the 7.5% regular bleach from my local Kroger. I recently ordered 5 of them and they were $4.44 each for a gallon! I feel dumb for not buying from there all summer lol

Thanks @PoolStored ! I picked up a couple gallons from Home Depot. This will not last me very long. What do people do in this situation? I might want to switch to a SWCG. What SWCG do you recommend? I don't want to hire anyone to do it. I want to be able to install it myself.
I had a friend buy this one:
CircuPool CORE-35 Salt Chlorine Generator
Let me know if this is a good option or what you suggest!
TIA!

I like the RJ series from Circupool because it has 5% increments in output...less messing with output like the ones with 25% increments. I'd get the largest you can get. The RJ-60+ is a great unit. You want at least 2x your pool size which puts you at a 50+.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.