Liquid Chlorine?

lucyyan

Jul 14, 2023
Winnipeg Manitoba
Is there any disadvantage of liquid chlorine. We are using cal hypo but I want to switch to liquid to prevent high concentration of calcium over time. I was told liquid can be damaging to our vinyl liner ? Is this true? To me that doesnt make sense but I wanted to ask

Is there any disadvantage of liquid chlorine. We are using cal hypo but I want to switch to liquid to prevent high concentration of calcium over time. I was told liquid can be damaging to our vinyl liner ? Is this true? To me that doesnt make sense but I wanted to ask
No issue, visit Pool Care Basics.

FYI - this thread is 10 years old 😦

Reactions: Mdragger88
FYI - this thread is 10 years old 😦
It's today years old after moving it (y)

Hey Lucy and Welcome!!!

All chlorine is liquid chlorine once it's added/dissolved in the pool. No more, no less. But tabs and shock will raise your CH/CYA on top of the FC.

Add liquid chlorine in front of the return to quickly get it mixed. Always add it while the pump is on so there's water movement. What you don't want is a blob of chlorine sitting stagnant, liners get ruined when chlorine sits in one place too long.

If added properly there’s no damage/risk to your liner.
Pour it in slowly (pencil thin stream) infront of a running return away from the pool wall & brush the area. As mentioned you don’t want to allow any pool chemical to rest on your liner.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.