Gold Supporter
May 22, 2018
Elmhurst, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I may have asked this question before, but it was some time ago and I have forgoten the pros and cons. I am helping to maintain an indoor bromine pool at our Association. 20,000 gal pool.
The pool gets minimal to moderate use. I maintain bromine at about 6 ppm.

How often should I be shocking the pool?
Is it better to use liquid chlorine or potassium monopersulfate to shock the pool? Any advantages or disadvantages to one or the other?

Thanks for any help you can offer.... greatly appreciated.

It would honestly be a better idea to bump up the chlorine. Chlorine offers sanitation as well as oxidation, while this stuff just oxidizes. So while both will break down dead skin, sunscreen, and sweat from a person; only chlorine will also kill any bacteria or viruses that might happen to be brought in to the pool by that person. I like to say, "the second someone's butt hits the water there is fecal matter in the pool", so keeping FC levels above minimum at all times during a party is well worth it

Reactions: JPMorgan
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.