Liquid Chlorine source in NE Nashville, TN?

Jun 5, 2013
Greetings folks. I'm looking for any suggestions on where to source some cheap bleach in Tennessee. As I live in northern Virginia, I was hoping to land the help of a forum user from TN. I've got a buddy who lives down in the area, and is trying to clear up a pool. I think he's already a bit frustrated by the ambiguity of test strips and of pool stores having a hayday with his wallet. So I've got him leaning toward a TF-100 and manual bleaching. However I'd love to help him source a cheap dealer of bleach.

Currently he's found 10% bleach at Ollie's for $2.99. Sadly, the past several years Ollies sold fresh 12.5% at the same price. This year at my Ollie's as well, they've only carried a 10% bleach. While I have usually seen them drop that to $2.49 mid season, I'm curious if anybody has any recommendations for 12.5% in his area. He has a 20k+ gallon pool, so cheap strong concentrate is a must to really sell him on the idea. Another year or two with cloudy water may turn the tide anyhow, but I'd love to help him enjoy his pool sooner.

See if his closest ACE hardware has liquid chlorine. That is where I get mine. They say it is 11f% BUT I have tested it several times and found it starts out as close to 15% right when it is first put in the tank. By the end of the tank life (about a week) it is down to 12 or so. Still very good!

A pool store might also be a good way to go if they sell liquid chlorine.

Walmart has their pool shock in stock now so that might be an option for him.

Tell him good luck and have him come here to read some of our stories of cleared pools. Here is my fav of all times:

Foreclosure swamp and errant pool service?

I hope this helps.

Kim:kim:

Ollie's Bargain Outlet is the best liquid chlorine value; bleach or otherwise that I can find near Cookeville, TN. Ten percent for a full gallon @ $2.99 seems to be the supreme leader in my area. It has so far dosed my pool as expected using pool math and my 7400 gallon pool, which works out to almost 10 fluid oz per 1 ppm. Walmart has gone back to 6%; the same price as the 8.25% that they sold last year; and they did not raise the volume of the jug. I think it was a trick they've played on us to deceive us, but of course, it can't be proven. At any rate, Walmart "Concentrated" bleach in my area is now only 6%. I dosed for an entire week underchlorinating the whole time until I realized that fact. Walmart also has 10% 1-gallon jugs in my area stores, but it's usually old dates and over $3/gallon. Cookeville has an Ollies store and has fresh liquid at 10% for $2.99 at regular price and sometimes runs a $2.50 sale.

Ollie's Bargain Outlet is the best liquid chlorine value; bleach or otherwise that I can find near Cookeville, TN. Ten percent for a full gallon @ $2.99 seems to be the supreme leader in my area. It has so far dosed my pool as expected using pool math and my 7400 gallon pool, which works out to almost 10 fluid oz per 1 ppm. Walmart has gone back to 6%; the same price as the 8.25% that they sold last year; and they did not raise the volume of the jug. I think it was a trick they've played on us to deceive us, but of course, it can't be proven. At any rate, Walmart "Concentrated" bleach in my area is now only 6%. I dosed for an entire week underchlorinating the whole time until I realized that fact. Walmart also has 10% 1-gallon jugs in my area stores, but it's usually old dates and over $3/gallon. Cookeville has an Ollies store and has fresh liquid at 10% for $2.99 at regular price and sometimes runs a $2.50 sale.

That sounds great!! I am in Cookeville and saw where WM bleach was at 6% now?? I will try Ollie's! Thanks!

Liquid Shock / Liquid Chlorine / Bleach / Chlorinating Liquid are all equal, except for the concentration of sodium hypochlorite.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.