Foristell, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have a cove bottom/flat bottom pool bought from one of the online DIY companies. I installed my liner last weekend in 80 degree temps. When I put a vacuum on it, the cove area doesn't come close to contacting the wall or cove. It is a good 20 inches up on the wall and out on the floor where it makes contact. If I put my foot on the liner I cannot push it down to make contact with the cove. When I measure the pool cross section distance down my wall , cove, pool bottom, cove, and back up the wall It is 14 inches longer than the same distance on the liner. That means the liner would have to stretch 14 inches total or as I fill it with water the bottom is going to lay flat first and hardly stretch and the walls are going to need to stretch 7 inches each over the 48 inch wall height which is 15%. I know vinyl can stretch but this seems like too much. It seems to me the liner was made for a flat bottom pool and not a cove bottom because if you eliminate the cove the liner dimensions seem to line up within 3-4 inches. When I discussed this with the pool company they said this seems to be an installation issue and they have only seen maybe one or two instances where the liner manufacturer made a mistake. It is my first liner install so im not sure if Im mistaken here or if the liner is actually made too short.

Attachments

• 1000003636.jpg
    1000003636.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 1000003634.jpg
    1000003634.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Liner #2.pdf
    121.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Liner #1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.