ian611

Jun 26, 2022
Doon
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Guys - I seen a few threads here but seems like no activity. And perhaps they are better solutions now.

I opened my pool this year and not sure how this scratch happened but it’s at the beginning of my pool by the stairs. Pool specifics - Vinyl liner, 68000L, no stairs attached, has safety cover in the winter and all water chemicals are in check with the exception of Free chlorine which is lower. I do brush it frequently and I look at my liner quite a bit unfortunately maybe this was the brush or perhaps my solar cover not sure. I feel it when I gloss over my hand only because I know however hard to see. What can I or should I do?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 55508000-2FE6-409A-811F-A5D979D153FD.jpeg
    55508000-2FE6-409A-811F-A5D979D153FD.jpeg
    648.1 KB · Views: 29
Hello Ian, welcome to TroubleFreePools :)
I'm pondering if this is just a superficial cosmetic slice, or its actually gone the way thru the liner? Is this at the waterline?
Do you know if you're losing water?

One option would be if its not sliced thru all the way is to reinforce it with some clear Gorilla style tape. Or a pool patch on top, which unless you have a piece of matching liner will stand out.

Maddie :flower:

Hello Ian, welcome to TroubleFreePools :)
I'm pondering if this is just a superficial cosmetic slice, or its actually gone the way thru the liner? Is this at the waterline?
Do you know if you're losing water?

One option would be if its not sliced thru all the way is to reinforce it with some clear Gorilla style tape. Or a pool patch on top, which unless you have a piece of matching liner will stand out.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks Marie. It’s no through the liner and It’s at the waterline. No loss of water.. how do I get transparent gorilla tape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.