Liner replacement, rodent tunnels

jjpaul

Jul 9, 2009
2007 Illusions 21' round above ground.
I have quite a bit of rodent tunneling under edge of liner the last few years about 6-12" in, along an approx 8-10' long area and now need to replace the liner.
There is a 2" difference of water lever from this side to the opposite side. Probably 3 pillars are equally low. I've replaced the liner once before for a different reason myself. I didn't want the pool any longer but my wife still does.
My questions:
With regard to leveling what is the best way to go about it and how to estimate amount of new sand needed?
With regard to rodents what is the best way to keep them out?
This pool I believe, is a good quality pool but I don't want to buy everything and start the project to find out I have a rust problem. Any advice here?

I was hoping a tree limb would take the pool out over the winter, but no such luck.

Thanks for any comments.

About the rodents-
Ideally you want to accurately identify your pest & come up with an annihilation plan for that particular species which may mean a combination of traps & preventative measures.
Moles for instance are after live food (like grubs & such) so treat the ground/earth below the pool for that before redoing the sand base with some granular insecticide.
Also be sure to regularly treat around the pool with this.
This is also a good idea anyway to prevent ants which can chew holes in a liner so it’s always recommended.
Some other types of rodents like voles may be there for vegetation (roots etc.) that want to eat.
All pool bases should be treated for nutgrass/nutsedge after grading. As it can grow through your liner even if voles aren’t an issue.
This is generally available as a granular herbicide.
You also want to treat around the pool regularly to prevent grasses & vegetation from growing up next to the pool.