Liner replaced tomorrow

Lynn5707

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Hi,
Our pool liner will be replaced tomorrow finally! They were here doing prep work and the pool guy said should be able to swim tomorrow night but will be cold. Apparently he isn’t the pool company, but one that works with our pool company so he wasn’t sure who would be doing chemicals and checking equipment once pool is filled. The crew that was here today said putting the liner in doesn’t take long, it is filling the pool. Long story short our pool company, who has been paid since February, said if it gets filled before end of their day they will open pool, otherwise will be on Monday.

I wrote back and said just leave chemicals and I will add them and start up the pump and heater. It is going to be in the 90’s this weekend, and would love to have family in the pool.
My question is - is there anything else we need to do? Do we blow out the lines? Do we follow directions on this site? If I open pool tomorrow afternoon/evening, can I swim Saturday?

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    925.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Remove the gizmos from the skimmers
Remove any plugs in the returns
Make sure unions are tight and valves open (appropriate valves)...I like to inspect unions and clean and lubricate o-rings upon startup
Lubricate the pump lid and drain plug o-rings with silicone LUBRICANT (not SEALANT)
Same for plug on the multiport and the filter
Make sure the filter airbleed/gauge is in the filter
Lube and replace drain plug in the heater.
Make sure there is water in the pump before you start it...(run the hose into the pump basket for 15 seconds)
You may have to swap the position of the service disconnects, or turn on breakers to pool equipment
Did they put RV antifreeze in the suction lines? Might consider priming to waste.
When you prime, after prime to waste, I would recirculate just to make sure everything is working.
Then I would run through the filter. Make sure that you open the airbleed on the filter until all the air is out.
Turn off pump before moving the multiport

If you have manuals for your equipment, I would read through each of them, pump, filter, heater for startup instructions. If you don't have them, you can find them online.

I'm sure others will chime in with what I missed.

Can you post a wider picture of the entire pad? Maybe more needed to be done.

Hi,

here are more pics. Thank you for your help! Pool guy said we cannot swim for 24-48 hours due to chemicals? I usually just wait an hour or two after adding chemicals.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 11
Personally, I would, for all 4 unions, inspect o-rings for cracks (take them out, bend carefully, look for cracks), replace if necessary, lubricate with silicone lube (don't use PTFE/Teflon).

Reactions: Lynn5707
Hi,

Here are more pics of equipment. I hope these help.

Should the suction not be closed? Our pool company has opened and closed it every year, so have not really paid attention to that. We have been doing the seasonal care of pool.

Also does everyone wait 24-48 hours after opening their pool to swim because of adding chemicals?

Attachments

• IMG_0933.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg
    554.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0934.jpeg
    IMG_0934.jpeg
    719 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0935.jpeg
    IMG_0935.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0936.jpeg
    IMG_0936.jpeg
    719.1 KB · Views: 5
Why can't you run the pump?

When full, you add 3 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine. You start 30 ppm CYA worth of stabilizer dissolving using the sock method. You test the pH and TA and adjust, if necessary. You can do that without a pump if you must, just brush the pool really well when adding. And run the robot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why can't you run the pump?

When full, you add 3 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine. You start 30 ppm CYA worth of stabilizer dissolving using the sock method. You test the pH and TA and adjust, if necessary. You can do that without a pump if you must, just brush the pool really well when adding. And run the robot.
The reason I thought I couldn’t run the pump is because the pool company said they may not be able to add chemicals or open pool until Monday if it fills too late. That is why I was asking how to open the pool once liner is installed, and Poolstored has given good instructions. Since we have not done that before, we want to make sure we do it right.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.