Liner Lock

KayCee

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2010
Alabama
We had to have our liner replaced after approximately 7 years because a tree fell on our pool. At the time the liner was still in good shape and would not have needed replacing had it not been for the tree falling on it. The second liner we had installed started coming down after 2 years. I thought maybe it wasn't installed properly. We finally had it replaced yesterday. Before choosing an installer this time, I did quite a bit of online research. I learned that the bead track is painted to a smooth finish on Ester Williams pools which can cause the liner to slip. Because of this, some installers will use a Liner Lock. The person we hired to install the liner seems very knowledgeable; and he says that Liner Locks will open up the track so he doesn't install them on the entire pool. He only installed the Liner Lock where the liner was slipping. We ordered the Liner Lock for the rest of the pool that we were planning to install ourselves; but now I am hesitant to do so. Has anyone heard of the Liner Lock opening up the track?
Thank you!

Esther Williams pools have a slightly larger bead on their liners, so a regular liner bead won't be as secure. Esther Williams pools and Johnny Weissmuller pools are basically the same pool with different names, like GM and Chevy. These pools were originally built with proprietary parts you could only get from an authorized dealer. Here is some more information about these pools: Above Ground Pool Parts Finder - Teddy Bear Pools and Spas I would contact Teddy Bear pools and ask about using the liner lock since you have a liner with a smaller bead.

Another member had a similar issue recently: Help!! New liner fell within 24 hours

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.