Liner Issues on Summer waves Elite Frame 14 x42

Jul 3, 2014
norwich
Hello All
I have just purchased a Summer waves elite frame on ebay . The frame looks quality but the liner floor looks wafer thin.
It seems to have multiple issues . There are gritty feeling specks all over it , creases that are set in ( can't push out ) and the outer wall has a lot of excess where it meets the base in some places and hardly any in others. I have had Intex ultra in the past ( discontinued ) and not been overly impressed with the quality but now I'm thinking it was better the devil you know!. Because it is an Aldi pool from last year it is no longer in warranty. I really don't want to have to return so I am wondering what my options are. I am wondering if the liner issues are just cosmetic ? I could try adding an overlap ( more expensive than the pool here in the UK ) or buying a replacement summer waves liner or do I just cut my losses and buy an Intex prism or Bestway steel Max? If I go with an overlap will I need coving ? I would really like to hear from Prism / Bestway / Summer waves owners on their thoughts on the quality and whether it is safe just to use the liner I have ?
Many Thanks
Gilly

Anyone replaced a summer waves 14x42 elite frame liner with a Bestway steel pro max or Intex prism liner?
My new Summer waves liner looks so poor that I can't risk putting it up . The frame looks really good and I would like to use that.
If anyone has done it successfully I would love to hear.

We just put up our 14ft by 42in summer waves pool also and noticed there is a leak somewhere but can’t figure out where exactly. It’s extremely frustrating considering it wasn’t noticed until after we filled the pool and shocked it.

We just put up our 14ft by 42in summer waves pool also and noticed there is a leak somewhere but can’t figure out where exactly. It’s extremely frustrating considering it wasn’t noticed until after we filled the pool and shocked it.
I didn't put up my Summer waves in the end. I just bought an Intex instead.
I have had problems with leaks on Intex too in the past. If I cant find a leak , I take some old pool liner and patch the entire area of the suspected leak. I use a product called Water Wet Sticky Stuff ( which works under water ). The result is not pretty and it's a messy horrible job but it has saved many a season for me. Leaks usually occur on the floor near the pool wall (because small stones or sand can get blown underneath as these type of pools are being filled ). As long as the leak is not on the seam it should be fixable.
I hope you can fix your problem soon.
Best wishes
Gilly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.