Liner hole.

MJuric

Aug 19, 2016
Byron, Il
We had a new linear installed in our pool two years ago. Not a great job in my opinion. Liner kept pulling out of the to track, leaks etc.

This year still more leaks. I found a spot near the light where it looks like the liner had either turn or pulled out from the light ring.

It's a triangle shape about .5" wide at the light ring and extending about .5" to the point of the tear/hole.

It also looks like someone has placed an extra piece of vinyl under the light clamp ring and over this hole, like flapper valve.

Couple questions.

1) Am I justed headed for trouble here? Looking at it seems like this will just get bigger.

2) is this something that can be fixed with a patch? I would guess it can't without taking the clamp ring off.

3) do I have any recourse going back to the original installer? I think this is far more of an issue with a poor original install than anything else but I have no idea what "industry standard" is on something like this. The liner has a warranty but I would doing the labor does and this is a labor issue.

I would take a picture but it's under water and at a bit so good position on the light.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Did you squirt some food dye by the area you describe and see if the dye shows a leak?

There are no "industry standards" in the pool industry. All you can do is go back to the installer and hope he stands behind his work.

Did you squirt some food dye by the area you describe and see if the dye shows a leak?

There are no "industry standards" in the pool industry. All you can do is go back to the installer and hope he stands behind his work.
I can feel the water flow out with my fingers so it's a significant leak.

This place will not stand behind their work. We had a hard time getting them to pull the liner back into the track when it kept coming out right after installation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.