Liner Delay?

TPippinKY

Mar 25, 2021
Kentucky
Anyone else experiencing a liner delay?

Our pool construction has been finished for nearly a month but we are still waiting for our Latham Urban Marble liner.

It was hard to stare at a backyard without a pool but it may be even harder to stare at a backyard with a pool but no water!

Has anyone else experienced delays in their liners? How long did it take?

Last edited:
it took us several months to get our liner from Latham. It was ordered last August, and arrived Dec. 17, which pushed our build to the spring. They very well could be in better shape now, but that was our experience.

Yes they are back ordered right now. We ordered our latham liner in May and it is just ready now. Excited to have it installed! They said it normally takes 4 weeks but with COVID it is more like 8-12 weeks. Hope you get yours soon!

Mine's in the 10-12 year old range, has a few issues here and there, and just developed a good size tear (maybe most of a dollar bill size) above the water line in the deep end. Getting some quotes, but it's an irregular shape, roughly 20x40-ish (biggest area closer to 26' across), prices are pretty up there at the moment. Was also told by everyone I've asked that it's basically middle of next year, maybe, to see the liner show up. Putting some patches on to try and hold it together, but it's rough out there right now. Someone coming tomorrow to measure/quote, so hopefully that will at least tighten up the estimate range (rest have been guesses, but all in the 5500-7000k range, aside from one that said up to 9k).

After doing the pump and the salt cell this year, turning into an expensive pool season. Especially since we've had so much rain and the pool stayed kinda cold for a lot of it. Heater also doesn't work (never has while I've owned the house), so getting that quoted for replacement in the spring as well...

Our pool construction has been finished for nearly a month but we are still waiting for our Latham Urban Marble liner.

It was hard to stare at a backyard without a pool but it may be even harder to stare at a backyard with a pool but no water!

We were first told the delay was for the bottom truck ??? Then it was the liner. But them guy have been busting there butts when they are out there in the blazing sun. So really the delay was like a week. Water comes tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_190707526~2.jpg
    IMG_20210809_190707526~2.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yeah we were told 8 week delay on our new build for liner, PB pushed us to switch from Latham to another company. But I’m glad I stayed the course & waited. Latham is the only company that could produce the solid white liner I wanted and I’m so happy I didn’t change to another design!

hopefully it comes sooner than you think and you will be swimming in no time!!

Attachments

• 7906FACD-EDE4-462F-8CC3-E1F52483E276.jpeg
    7906FACD-EDE4-462F-8CC3-E1F52483E276.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude and B.lu
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.