Liner defect?

1000009548.jpg

After some of the wind/weather we had this past week, I pulled the solar cover off to clean the cover and pool, and much to my surprise, this is what I find. This is recent, within the past week or two.

Liner is a year old and has not been without issue. There is a corner that has slipped out of the track that the installer has basically refused to fix, and now this. Given the age and some previous issues, I am inclined to seek a warranty replacement.

Because I know this will be asked, water is balanced. Good chlorine, pH, TA....

There are a couple of other spots that have this same issue, notably the radius at the bottom of the deep end wall (immediately left in this photo), and a couple of spots on the vertical wall I'm standing above taking this photo.

There is a corner that has slipped out of the track that the installer has basically refused to fix
Liner lock is $20 ish for 120 ft. It is a wedge like strip that pushes in by hand and takes 5 minutes to do the whole pool. Stop wasting your time with the installer and DIY.

To me the fading looks way too perfect to not be a strip of different material. Like they used 2 rolls of material to create your liner and one faded faster than the other.

What was your FC and CYA at closing? What is it now ?

I don't close, I have a VS pump and run it year round. But otherwise, FC has been between 1-4 depending on temp, CYA is a bit low but it's also not being blasted with all day sun quite yet. pH is 7.5.

To your point about liner lock, I did have it installed at the time and this particular spot has pulled out.

FC has been between 1-4 depending
Ok so no spikes to explain possible bleaching.

I'd see what the manufacturer has to say why one panel/strip faded and others didn't.
To your point about liner lock, I did have it installed at the time and this particular spot has pulled out
Some spots need to be doubled. You can cut the head off the 'T' as a wedge for the wedge.