LINER companies...Latham vs Findlay

Turaj

Sep 9, 2023
Minneapolis, MN
Getting new liner. Company I am using is saying that Latham is not standing behind their products these days and are recommending Findlay. I cannot find any info on them ...have called all pool companies in my area. Anyone with any info here woulld be appreciate.

I went to the TFP Archives and grabbed all the posts that mention "Findlay". The trick now is for you to go thru. You can also message the poster directly by using the <Start Conversation> button under their screenname.
Good Luck! Google search results

Maddie 🇮🇹
Thank you...I will sort thru them...tending to want to stick with Latham as their seam technology seems to be the best.

Company I am using is saying that Latham is not standing behind their products these days and are recommending Findlay.
That is just one opinion.

You can find complaints against any company.

Most vinyl liner companies buy their sheet vinyl from CGT.

1712804727421.png

115 Stanford Pkwy. Findlay, OH 45840-1731

Initial Complaint
08/01/2022

Complaint Type:
Product Issues
Answered More info
We have used our pool for 3 full summers & suddenly the past summer (2021) we noticed the water level dropping, big wrinkles started forming so we let it go to find the leak & it drained all the way. Finally found a tear on the slant & upon further searching, there were more than 100 slits all over the slant, the very bottom of the pool & the shallow end. I stopped counting after 100. They were kind of like cracks, not big gaping holes. From 1/4” to 2”. We have never heard of this- in this area our friends have had liners that have lasted over 15 years. We must’ve gotten a defective liner. We needed a new liner as soon as possible so we could fill the pool back up & shut the cover before winter came. We did not get anywhere with Royal Swimming pools saying they sent info to the manufacturer. They finally gave us a small discount on a new liner and we ordered one as we needed one either way. By the time the liner came it was much too cold to put it in, so we had to patch all the cracks so we could fill the pool for winter. We put in our new liner about 6 weeks ago, now with the warm weather back in season. But I talked with our local pool store, where we periodically bring a sample to get tested. And they never heard of this happening- even when someone has had unbalanced chemicals! They pulled up a log over the last couple years & said there are no extreme High or low chemical imbalances that could have possibly caused this. Which leads us to believe it was, in fact, a faulty defective liner. We believe we should be reimbursed for the liner we had to purchase to replace this one. I know it is not something the company wants to willingly do but after knowing we balance our pool on a weekly basis and randomly have the pool store test it also- that’s proof the chemicals were not imbalanced enough to ever cause this to happen. Also we have an automatic pool cover which we keep closed at all times except when it’s in use. So the liner was always very protected.

Business response
08/11/2022

We addressed this situation as soon as we were made aware of it and each subsequent time it has been brought to our attention. Please note that we have attached a copy of our warranty for reference. It illustrates several visual examples of what is not covered under our warranty, including cuts and abrasions. This is exactly what has happened to the liner above. The only way that these punctures could occur is through physical contact after install, especially given that they occurred years after the original installation. Clearly, our company had no part in this. Another pertinent point is that our warranty covers only manufacturing defects (see attached). This statement is included in our documentation because we only fabricate the liner, we do not calendar or print the vinyl, nor do we extrude the beading. This is done by outside vendors. We contacted our vendor for the material on this particular liner and were informed that this was a result of external damage and that it was not even remotely possible to be related to the vinyl. I am not sure why the chemical balance of the water is being referenced. We only mentioned that poor chemistry may weaken the vinyl. With all this in mind, we offered a substantial discount to our customer that was to be passed along in the name of goodwill. We will not warrant product that is not defective.

1712805076610.png

CGT is one of the world's leading producers of polymeric coated fabrics + films since1869.The company has invested in talented people who are dedicated to implementing the highest levels of technology and innovation for a variety of applications.

CGT has its roots in the Victoria Wheel Works which provided wagon wheels for the thriving transportation trade of the time.

CGT was a major supplier of coated fabrics during the war years (rain wear) and consumer products (shower curtains, wall coverings and tablecloths).

We are proud of our roots and excited about the future as we continue to deliver first-class quality automotive and industrial coated fabrics and films.

.tending to want to stick with Latham as their seam technology seems to be the best.
I like Latham or any of the other national companies. (Merlin, looploc, GLI, etc).

But don't fall for any of their marketing mumbo jumbo. They all claim to be the best at a couple metrics and they usually dig deep to create said metrics. Seams don't split at a rate anyone should worry about them.

Reactions: Lanzz