Lighting Niche Broken after Winter, warranty?

clapp1115

Apr 17, 2024
New York
Hey Everyone. We are in the process of opening our pool and realized that after running the hose for a while the pool still wasn't filling back up. I pulled the cover to find the lighting niche was broken over the winter (see pictures). I am not sure what the repair will require. The pool is 2 years old. Does this seems like something that should be covered under some warranty? I have a message out to my builder, but I want to be prepared when I discuss it. Thanks!
20240417_093254 (1).jpg20240417_092929 (1).jpg20240417_100132 (1).jpg

Does this seems like something that should be covered under some warranty?
Curious, was it your builder who closed the pool or a separate vendor? Sometimes the reliability of the closing/damage protection (or lack thereof) of the assets is spelled out in the contract.

I'm curious to hear what others may have to say though because those look like nicheless LEDs to me. :scratch: In that case, the repair may be slightly different than your typical full size niche repair.

Maybe @AQUA~HOLICS can provide some insight?

For the builder to warranty the damage, I would think it would have to be from improper installation, you mentioned the pool being 2 years old, did you notice anything wrong with the light after its initial installation?
I am not familiar with closing/opening procedures and freeze damage to lighting.
If no progress is made with the builder then as mentioned earlier the manufacturer should be contacted and possibly they may have an answer to cause of the damage.

It is a pentair light, one was damaged the other not. The light still functions. The escutcheons plate seems to have sheered off which I think is a critical part of the sealing mechanism. My pool builder is coming buy to look at it and they seem eager to make it right. Keep everyone posted.

Reactions: JamesW