ahha0527

In The Industry
Jul 11, 2022
Los Angeles
Hello
Is there such thing as light greenish cartidges particularly for pls 520?

The cartidges were washed thoroughly and they still have a light green pine color. I would expect them to turn whitish color after washing.They are a year old.

Also debris is still shooting out the jets.
Been about a week and pool is cloudy.

I dont want to believe the filters need replacing since its a year old but maybe due to its odd color?

Hello
Is there such thing as light greenish cartidges particularly for pls 520?

The cartidges were washed thoroughly and they still have a light green pine color. I would expect them to turn whitish color after washing.They are a year old.

Also debris is still shooting out the jets.
Been about a week and pool is cloudy.

I dont want to believe the filters need replacing since its a year old but maybe due to its odd color?
If the cartridges are only a year old, did you see them when they went in? There was a company that made a slightly off-color cartridge that was supposed to have anti-microbial properties. I believe it was Pleatco, but not sure. What is the name on the end of the cartridge? Color won't affect performance.

Is the air-relief screen in place? Without it a lot of debris can pass right through the filter. Make sure there are no cracks in the manifold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.