Levels seem fine but pool water is green.

Hey guys just wanted to give an update. Pool is crystal clear now! If you look straight down into it, it's almost like there's no water all. Thanks for everyone help. I did the overnight test and only lost 1ppm of FC, .5 CC. This is really a great, helpful community.
IMG_7652.jpg

Don't forget to backwash a lot during SLAM. I didn't see anyone mention that in this thread. I am assuming you did or you likely would not have gotten to where you are now. i back washed 2x in the first couple of days, then 1x in the last 2. My SLAM was a 5 day event. Since my CYA was 90, I didn't mind backwashing and refilling. I got it down by 10 ppm!!! At 60, you might want to be at 40 for perfection, buy I do envy you at 60.
I laughed reading your posts as I went thru same process (including the "are you sure this will work"?)....

Now be sure to keep your FC above the requirement for your given CYA. Go to the table and do not let it drop below your number associated with your CYA....
Or you'll be right back where you started.
When CC rises...bump it up to the shock level. And it's safe to swim in at shock level.

Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.