Leveling issue/question..help!

leigh99xx

May 8, 2023
Greensburg, PA
I bought a coleman deluxe series 18x48 pool this will now be 3 yrs..when I first got it, the spot where I could put it was not level, I bought railroad ties, put a huge tarp down, filled the corner in with gravel, laid plastic wrap, got a few ton of sand, put 4×12 pavers in spots 1in underneath the top of the deeper spots so the poles wouldn't sink..had to then get 2 more ton of sand last year and level it..from the back corner you need maybe half inch of sand..to the corner where the railroad ties meet, it's about 2ft..I'm now being told to rake some of the sand out and get a few ton of top soil to put over top and extend put past the square perimeter I have for the pool..would this be okay to just put topsoil over top? Should I dig the sand out? Not sure what to do! Any advice would be appreciated!! TiA

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Typically we find that sand is best just for last bit of fine-tuning and swimmer's (feet) comfort under the liner. Building the pool's structural base "upward" is less stable than digging down or cutting out the soil. Unless a LOT of time and mechanical compacting are invested in an area, increasing the height of the base isn't as reliable for a solid base.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.