Let’s see your water after removing winter cover!! *PICS THREAD*

All in all, that's not too bad. You've got a solid leg up in the battle with cooler water. It'll go easier than it would have if you waited. Even if it sucks, it would have sucked worse. :)

how did it change? Literally all that was in it was 1 gallon of chlorine.
I had a similar experience one year when my cover ripped and dirty water from the top went into the pool. It looked nasty at first, but after a bit all of the 'dirt' settled to the bottom and the water looked clear again. If it's really just 'dirt' and not algae, I think it can then filter out pretty quick. I'd still follow the SLAM Process in any case just to make sure there's nothing living in the water and it's crystal clear. :)

Even without the rips, I helped friends open their pools dozens and dozens of times as the 'big friend' (aka free muscle).

We dumped the 'dirty taco' into the pool every last time. :ROFLMAO:

I had a similar experience one year when my cover ripped and dirty water from the top went into the pool. It looked nasty at first, but after a bit all of the 'dirt' settled to the bottom and the water looked clear again. If it's really just 'dirt' and not algae, I think it can then filter out pretty quick. I'd still follow the SLAM Process in any case just to make sure there's nothing living in the water and it's crystal clear. :)
it's totally clear but def has algae in it.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
I’m in Ohio and people say the same to me. Theyre probably thinking it’s crazy because it’s not swimming season yet and the water temps are cold, so why open the pool so early? (I opened March 16th lol). April 24th is a very reasonable opening date. Most wait until May and then close in late august or September. I can’t do it lol

If you have it heated a nice string of pool days starting this weekend in Ohio.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Opened later than last year and had some warm weather in March. First time the pool has been this green since the first fill a few years ago. Oh well. Shouldn't be too bad to get it in shape.View attachment 567742
this is late for opening for you in michigan? We opened this week in SE Michigan and it was 3 weeks earlier than normal!

If you have it heated a nice string of pool days starting this weekend in Ohio.
No heater, unfortunately. But yes, nice stretch of 80+ degree temperatures this weekend and some of next week! I call it “floating weather” lol. I can lay out on a large float that keeps me dry so I don’t have to get “in” the water. 😎 Unless my clumsy butt falls off the float. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Today before any chemistry added and first vacuum. View attachment 567775
Lies No GIF

That looks better than my pool mid-summer!! No worms or silt at all?!

Opened later than last year and had some warm weather in March. First time the pool has been this green since the first fill a few years ago. Oh well. Shouldn't be too bad to get it in shape.View attachment 567742
Oh wow. I’m surprised the water temps were warm enough! Do you close early? It’ll be crystal clear in no time!

Meh, lots of Crud blew under the cover. Water just starting to get cloudy, FC was down to .5 (Sadly, i pay to get it opened because of time and folding that Dang cover)
You have lots of trees, so that’s inevitable. I have a whole woods behind my house so trust me, I get it lol. No pine needles, though! Those do not look fun.

• Love
Reactions: RTamanda
Oh wow. I’m surprised the water temps were warm enough! Do you close early? It’ll be crystal clear in no time!
No, I don’t close early. First batch of chlorine and it’s already doing better. It will be hard to start a proper SLAM this evening, but I’ll hit it hard tomorrow and it should be fine by the end of the weekend. It may not pass the chlorine loss test but I’m sure it will look good by then.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support