Let’s see your water after removing winter cover!! *PICS THREAD*

your cover came off and that's what your pool looks like? My cover came off a little and a bunch of cover water got in. I'm anticipating a green opening!! lol
I wish you clean opening! The first year when the previous owners closed, the cover also came off a bit and this is what I started with. I closed much later in 2023 so maybe that’s what helped this time. They may not have used the pool or maintained it much in 2022 though. IMG_3011.jpeg

I'm going to pull the cover this weekend. I'm behind in opening when I usually open first week of April. I've been working full time, I'm trying to run a new candle business full time and I just don't have enough of this "time thing" in my day to do everything I need to do. I'm ready though. Tired of looking at the cover. I think it's on the verge of turning green though.
Candle business, you say?! Not only am I a float queen, but my husband calls me the Wax Queen because of my obsession with candles and wax melts, lol! Do you sell online? I love supporting small businesses (and adding to my collection). 🕯️🕯️

• Love
Reactions: Casey and Newdude
Candle business, you say?! Not only am I a float queen, but my husband calls me the Wax Queen because of my obsession with candles and wax melts, lol! Do you sell online? I love supporting small businesses (and adding to my collection). 🕯️🕯️
Yes I do!!! Here's my shameless plug! If it's not allowed, I'm sure one of our high paid mods will delete it! Its Quadreesdesign.com

I have worked so hard to get to this point. I'm always adding new candles and wax melts!

We 9(Granddaughter and I) are going to remove the cover today. It's not pretty under there. When we got that rain a week or so ago I thing it washed mulch under the cover and into the pool. I have to get rid of that this year! I'll be adding rock or flagstone. I'm not sure yet. I'll post pics of the lagoon today. :mrgreen:

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If it's not allowed, I'm sure one of our high paid mods will delete it!
It's crazy. They send me a check for $0.00. But then they bill me 48 cents for the paper i wasted and 73 cents for the stamp. Being a volunteer costs me $1.21 a week. :scratch:

But yeah. Links are not allowed from new members with little involvement on the forum. They may be here solely to promote their products, which may or may not be sketchy.

in your case, we can trust that with all you've done to help TFP members, over 17 years, you're not gonna start doing them wrong today. Just sayin.

It's crazy. They send me a check for $0.00. But then they bill me 48 cents for the paper for the paper i wasted and 73 cents for the stamp. Being a volunteer costs me $1.21 a week. :scratch:

But yeah. Links are not allowed from new members with little involvement on the forum. They may be here solely to promote their products, which may or may not be sketchy.

in your case, we can trust that with all you've done to help TFP member over 17 years, you're not gonna start doing them wrong today. Just sayin.
I think about how many years I've been here and it blows my mind. I started here when I needed to learn how to take care of the new pool I needed my kids to have and be able swim in it every single day of summer if they wanted. The neighbor kids had pools and they were always at my house! Id see their green and cloudy pools. They were always welcome and I knew what they were doing! :cool:

It's crazy. They send me a check for $0.00. But then they bill me 48 cents for the paper for the paper i wasted and 73 cents for the stamp. Being a volunteer costs me $1.21 a week. :scratch:

in your case, we can trust that with all you've done to help TFP members, over 17 years, you're not gonna start doing them wrong today. Just sayin.
You better leave her link up, NewKaren! 😆😂

• Haha
Reactions: Casey and Newdude
Eek, first time taking the cover off to something like this. I wonder if I should connect the cartridge filter and pump "without" the filters while I slam and then install them after she cleans up a bit, is that a thing?

Your filter will still need to catch the dead algae as you SLAM. When mine was finally clear I cleaned the cartridges and the filter out thoroughly. I won't clean it again until the end of the season.

Eek, first time taking the cover off to something like this. I wonder if I should connect the cartridge filter and pump "without" the filters while I slam and then install them after she cleans up a bit, is that a thing?
You need the cartridge inside the filter during your SLAM to clear up your water and catch the dead algae. Keep an eye on the PSI of your filter. You will likely be cleaning the cartridge here and there, but it won’t be as often as it would be if you had a DE filter.
When you say cartridges, do you mean you have multiple cartridges in your filter that work simultaneously, or just own more than one but only use one inside the filter at a time? Hope that makes sense — I’m not the greatest at wording pool questions, lol. Good luck, and feel free to post a post-SLAM (or even during) pic! 😁

tl;dr: You need to keep your cartridge inside the filter during your SLAM to get the water cleared up.

Last edited:
Just bought this house this winter. I vow to never have an opening like this ever again. Almost there now though, been slamming and scrubbing for almost a week. Just waiting for the cloudiness to be gone. Sand filters really test my patience.

IMG_9769.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support