Raleigh NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
How is the date decoded on Leslie's liquid chlorine? I'm not sure if I'll buy it there but I want to be prepared. Thanks.

If you see 23XXX or XXX23 it was produced on day XXX of 2023.

I do simple maths and use my cellphone to divide the XXX by 30. Let's say it's 6.3, that's 6 full months plus 10 days, or 10 days into the 7th month, or July 10th. It might be up to 5 days off at the end of the year with unequal months, but 5 days is way close enough for guessing the production date.

You want 3 months or less when possible and sometimes the old stock is up front so you have to dig through the shelf.

Thanks Newdude! My Leslie's stores the chlorine in a storage room off to the side so I'm not sure they will let me sort through the boxes. They used to keep it on the floor in the store. That's the age or less that I aim for too but I'm finding nothing but old stock at my local HD and Lowe's.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.