Legend pentair cleaner

Apr 16, 2017
Dallas, TX
Only turns left
Twisted hoses...

My Pentair Legend Kreepy Krawly Cleaner only turns left, hoses always twisted up, and it only stays in the deep end. Please help.
This is the cleaner that came with our pool (via pool builder).
We have pentair equipment.
Pool and Cleaner are about 1.5 years old.

Last edited:
Well, the main reason, which you don't want to hear, is that it's yesterday's tech. I had one and it did the same things (minus the hose twisting). It's gone now. Replaced by a Dolphin Active 20 robot. The vac you have can work OK, if they cover your pool and you don't have fine debris. Mine didn't cover the pool and I have fine debris so it was basically worthless.

You'll either fight that cleaner for as long as you have it, or get on with your grieving process and buy a robot.

See this thread for starters. There are others.

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/120447-Doheny-s-Discovery-S200-Active20-Triton-owners-club

Not sure what you've tried thus far but there might be some helpful info in the owner manual. Here's what it said about mine (you may want to hunt down the manual for yours):

If the Kreepy Krauly® Platinum™ does not travel to all areas of the pool, turn off the
booster pump and pool fi ltration pump and make the necessary adjustments using
the instructions in the next section.

Adjusting the Kreepy Krauly® Platinum™
Thrust Jet Adjustment
For maximum pool cleaner performance, you may need to manually adjust the Thrust
Jets due to varying pool shapes. The Thrust Jets are located in the back of the unit
and determine the direction of the cleaner.
Adjust the Thrust Jets to direct the Kreepy Krauly® Platinum™ in a straight line.
The factory position is set so both jets are turned slightly right. Small adjustments
can have a signifi cant effect on the cleaner movement.
• Moving thrust jets to the right: cleaner turns towards the right.
• Moving thrust jets to the left: cleaner turns towards the left.
Note: As Jets are adjusted inward, the cleaner will have more power but may not be
able to travel in a straight line, as this can create too much water cross fl ow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.