LED vs Fiber Optic

MimiDucky

Jan 29, 2023
Tampa, FL
So we're still going through quotes on our pool resurfacing and we plan to get the pool lights redone at the same time. The quotes we got were for LEDs but right now, we have fiber optic. We kinda like the fiber optic lights, but not sure what's best in terms of safety, cost and longevity. Does anyone has experience with either?

So we're still going through quotes on our pool resurfacing and we plan to get the pool lights redone at the same time. The quotes we got were for LEDs but right now, we have fiber optic. We kinda like the fiber optic lights, but not sure what's best in terms of safety, cost and longevity. Does anyone has experience with either?
What kind of fiber optics? I just ripped mine out because parts are impossible to find and when I did find some they were $$$$.

I'm really not sure. They were in the pool when I moved in but that was 30 years ago.
Got pictures? Are they the kind that are embedded in the floor pointing up, a rope style light around the perimeter of the pool, or just little point lights in the sides?

There is no issue with electricity in the water with fiber optic lights. A Fiberstars tower is still available but expensive, check Amazon. Your lenses should be able to be removed and LED lights installed, but don't expect any real longevity from any of the current LED light today.

Reactions: MimiDucky
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.