LED strip lights?

I’m torn between loving the look, and being terrified of whatever a Chinese factory with no regulatory standards is claiming is safe.

Reactions: borjis
Fiber optics would probably be the way to go. Only a tube full of a light at the pool. Would have to have a powerful light source/transformer/ LED doohickey located a safe distance away and it would certainly cost more to do, but would be completely safe under any circumstances.

I actually am not sure what glue I used. I am pretty sure it was a GE silicone glue that went into a caulking gun. It was very easy to glue. I just made sure I cleaned the LED strips with alcohol and cleaned the tile. Put a small bead down and stuck it on.

My pool came with an old fiber optic setup. I updated the internals with a new bulb and wyze controller for my phone but the fibers are worn and broken in a few spots so the light is kind underwhelming. New systems are about $2k.

I’d like to find some sort of underwater lighting solution for my pool. It has no lights for some reason, and I can’t exactly go under the concrete pool deck. I did make some street type lights by attaching some long conduit to my fence and then mounting these on top. I can see the bottom of the pool at night, so it’s safe to swim, but not quite the same effect as pool lights.
D8B48326-0804-470A-B2AD-84E673ED752D.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.