WPB, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I've had my pool built in 2012 and at the time the pool builder installed (2) Jandy pool lights and (1) spa light. These are 12v and have 100' cords plus LED. These lights lasted just over a year and they started failing. The light color would vary and become weak and they just did not look ok. I have been putting it off, but I am at the point where I want to correct this and get all new lights.

The original lights have the following part numbers; CPVLEDS100 for the pool and CSLVLEDS100 for the spa.

Can anyone recommend replacement lights that would fit in the same niches? Let's say budget is around $2k and I would really like LED. I really want something that would last over a year lol.

Thanks.

I am purchasing these and they make retrofit lights.. call them and see if you can get them.. :)

Ok, I went by today. It is not in the best/nicest area but they have a warehouse :)

I spent about 30’ minutes talking to Mike and Corey there. Extremely nice people. I get the feeling Mike is the owner but he only said he was the “electrician”. No big deal. Mike spent a good 20’ answering every one of my stupid questions and he explained how to fish the wire through the conduit and how to install the lights.

Unfortunately, they did not have the niched lights in stock, they build them to order. So they are going to build me the lights and I can come pick them up tomorrow.

I am sure its all made in the same Chinese factory every other light is, but I rather give my money to someone local that treated me well. They also never tried to upsell me on anything.

Will report back once I have them in hand and they are installed.

Mike is not the owner. But is very knowledgeable.

They do get the lights made in China. Then put everything together there in their shop as I understand it.

Yep, they put it all together there.

I am now doubting myself whether I should go with the niche-less instead of the pooltone. I just went in the pool and removed mine’s as they showed me their pool tone lights and they are quite bulky. They said I needed 8” of depth.

My current lights are quite shallow. Can you install a niche-less light in a niche? I can ask Corey tomorrow, but thought maybe someone here knew. They are cheaper too.

EB9CE4B7-F623-46CC-AC85-9AD96C019B2F.jpeg
9591140C-8CC0-4745-91F7-BC609F285697.jpeg

DFFBEBC1-FB70-4421-946B-D7DC64D4ECFE.jpeg

FD78FF33-3578-44F6-BF76-602F95E300CD.jpeg
992D15B1-13FD-48E0-BF1C-477B00857207.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The nomenclature on their website is confusing.
I got this pool tone model. It’s not “nicheless” but it needs roughly the same clearance as your current one, maybe an inch or so (definitely not 7)
71270D77-8981-46E8-A26E-85D6D8C049AC.jpeg

The nomenclature on their website is confusing.
I got this pool tone model. It’s not “nicheless” but it needs roughly the same clearance as your current one, maybe an inch or so (definitely not 7)
View attachment 345431
Went back today and after talking to Corey I bought these ones. They fit in niches as well and have a two year warranty.

Thanks cowboyCasey! Let’s hope these last over two years!!

Spent the best part of today changing the lights. Fishing the wire through was something I never want to do again. I soaked the pipes with dishwashing soap yesterday but it was still a royal pain. I tried with pulling line first but ended up buying fishing tape, the plastic one. The last one, and furthest, fought me bad.

All done and really happy, except that for some reason the spa light is on its own color. Does not want to cooperate. I will call the guys at Florida Sunseeker tomorrow and see if they have any idea of how to make them all come up with the same color.

Thanks again for the suggestion Cowboy and good luck fishing all 6 lights lol.

087EDAC6-4689-4224-8A7A-83CFEF662973.jpeg

6FD90530-794D-4C75-9EDD-D4658A0FA948.jpeg

they look good and bright.. interesting the one is off color.. are they all tied together?

You may have to leave the spa on green, unhook it and change the other ones until they hit green then connect all of them back together :)

I’d say some colors are brighter and some are not. The blue and white are brighter, the red is not. I really never use red, so I’d say for the colors I use these are better.

The changing colors will give you a seizure … they change so fast.

Again, I think if they last a year plus, this was money well spent.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.