adammolinaro34

Dec 29, 2021
CA
Hello -

I am in the final stages of hiring a pool builder, I want to get some opinions on lighting. Everything is Pentair. Seems like the consensus on the forum is Microbrite is the latest and greatest product.

Pool layout below. 5x14 baja shelf on right. Spa in upper left. Spa is not raised. Home towards the lower right. Seating area is on the right.
1640976042499.png

Which option would give optimal lighting? Trying to keep lights pointing away from house and seating areas. Want to evenly lighting all areas of the pool. Will consider other options.

1640977714283.png

1640977205161.png
1640977542479.png
Thanks in advance!

#1 - Top pic with four lights along the side.

Big pool and nice! I'm with Allen, #1. I'll also offer up that many pool owners at your stage get very consumed by the fun part of design and that's great. You should enjoy it. You should also focus some attention to the commercial terms and conditions, plus the bidder pre-qualification, and final selection. This, in my opinion is at least as important as the design. You can do a little searching here to find out what happens when things go wrong in this department. Also most of these situations are completely avoidable.

Chris

Like the others, #1. Very similar to how we did ours, and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. One thing we ran into was there was not enough depth in the spa dam wall to accommodate a light, so we had to shift lights a little. In the end, it still worked out well. If you have a bench seat along that side of the spa, you should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.