LED Bubbler light pattern?

Hotbobcool

Bronze Supporter
Oct 22, 2023
Georgia
I'm curious if anyone has any specs on the light patterns for LED bubblers?

What I'm looking for specially is how wide the light is cast?

I know this will vary by depth, Pebble and light source but trying to get an idea of where to place the bubblers.
6" depth
Jandy infinite watercolors
18x7 feet with 2 led bubblers

Was thinking of doing each at 4.5' from the edge, which would leave 9' between. Umbrella holders will be by the bubblers.

I think the bubbler light mostly casts light up the water plume of the bubbler. I would not count on it replacing pool lights.

This is a pic from Pentair...

OIP.zEadtSeeSxBmO9uVGVa_7wHaDh

It just mostly goes up, but it is bright - brighter than all my microbrites in the pool and basin.

Here are my three pentair bubbler lights on my swim shelf with the bubbler off. It can replace pool lights on a swim shelf, but that is personal preference.

Sorry, I am not a great night photographer (or, frankly, a great daytime photographer, either).

IMG_1114.jpeg

IMG_1117.jpeg

Reactions: Hotbobcool
It just mostly goes up, but it is bright - brighter than all my microbrites in the pool and basin.

Here are my three pentair bubbler lights on my swim shelf with the bubbler off. It can replace pool lights on a swim shelf, but that is personal preference.

View attachment 540196

View attachment 540195
Thank you! What are your shelf dimensions and depth?
Curious on the diameter of the light cast.

I think the bubbler light mostly casts light up the water plume of the bubbler. I would not count on it replacing pool lights.

This is a pic from Pentair...
Thank you!

That's what I am trying to figure out. Where would I put a light on the ledge if I went that way? I've attached a pic of my design. 18x36, ledge is 18x7, red circles are where the pool lights will be. LED bubblers will be in front of the umbrellas.

House will be on the north side of this photo by the spa, the opposite side is a raised wall with 3 LED sheer descents (24") and 2 firebowls.

Attachments

• Pool Ex (1).png
    Pool Ex (1).png
    439.1 KB · Views: 10
I think the ledge is busy enough with chairs and umbrellas. I don;t know what you want to accomplish by putting a rubber and light on the floor.

And the bubbler/light will be where people will constantly be stepping on it with bare feet.

I think the ledge is busy enough with chairs and umbrellas. I don;t know what you want to accomplish by putting a rubber and light on the floor.

And the bubbler/light will be where people will constantly be stepping on it with bare feet.
Appreciate the feedback. The chairs are just for design purposes. We will likely have 2 though.

My dogs enjoy the bubblers, so we'll have them and if we're doing 2, then it just makes sense to line the umbrella holes up with them rather than creating another spot where things can't sit.

I don't have any answers for you, but I'm considering the same details for my tanning ledge so I'll be following to see if you uncover a best practice. : )

My dig started today so I'm hoping to make a decision on tanning ledge lighting in the next few days.

Reactions: Hotbobcool
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.