nilskelly

Jul 5, 2023
Kelowna, Canada
70108D9D-FCD7-483F-8F61-681891ECAD05.jpeg2438872B-5EAE-4438-AED5-BE80572B858A.jpeg
Hello!

We just bought this inflatable ‘Funsicle! 12’ x 30” pool and installed in on our cement pad. The pad is obvious not completely level as it is made to drain. The pool depth from the night to low point is only out by 1” to 1 1/2” but it is leaning quite a bit. The look doesn’t bother me, but we have a four year old son and safety comes first of course. I’ve talked to the company and they say it is safe but wanted to get anyone’s honest, experienced opinion. I’ve read numerous times that anything out of level by 2” or more is bad, anything under is okay. If this was in the middle of the yard I wouldn’t be so cautious, but it is right up against the neighbor’s fence and if it were to blow I’m sure it would take out their garden. Any advice is appreciated!

Good morning and welcome to TFP! :wave: That is an awkward position, but I'm not aware of anything you can do with it short of finding a new (level) location. Here at TFP we typically use a one-inch rule for water level, but that's for larger AGPs. This pool is just a hair out of that TFP level window, so really a judgement call on your part.

Reactions: nilskelly
+1. Patios are flat, but pitched for drainage.

If the grass isn't level, you can dig down to make it level. Never build up, because even a small pool weighs a ton(s) and the fill will either smush or wash out with every rain, bringing you back to square one.

Reactions: nilskelly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.