New Hampshire
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I opened my pool a couple of weeks ago and determined it was leaking in my skimmer line. Had a professional pinpoint the leak, dug up the patio in that area and found the leak. It appears termites got to my flex PVC. In a 5 foot section of pipe, I've found 4 holes and many other chew marks. I want to avoid digging up my whole patio because without the skimmer line operating, I'm not losing any water. And digging up my patio will cost me me of my summer.

Can I re-run my skimmer line as shown by the purple lines on the attached? Will that impact my pump?

Attachments

• IMG_1585.jpeg
    IMG_1585.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1581.jpeg
    IMG_1581.jpeg
    528.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1603.jpeg
    IMG_1603.jpeg
    771 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: It should be fine to run the new line as you have drawn. Will you be using hard schedule 40 PVC this time? Will you be connecting the new line to the bottom of the skimmer, or splicing the new line somewhere to the old flex line close to the skimmer? Any concerns about connections back at the pad?

Anything I dig up I'll replace with rigid PVC. The vertical run out of the skimmer is rigid PVC so I will tap right into that. No splicing with the flex.

My other option is chase the leaks in the current line but I don't know where they end.

No concerns with connections at the pad. No leaks anywhere else currently but termites getting to the return line or main drain is a major concern moving forward.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.