Leaks from valve

40sumthinkid

Jun 22, 2022
Fresno
This is leaking from where the screw holes are at. Pool tech said it can't be fixed.. anyone have any creative solutions?

It almost looks like if i replace the valve body coming off the filter, it will fall apart though.

Attachments

• 20230514_141454.jpg
    20230514_141454.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230514_141449.jpg
    20230514_141449.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 8
That crack above the thread looks long.
For a temporary solution you can try either of the below. I was more successful with the Plumbers Epoxy on a cracked thread.
However you should order a replacement piece - this looks like a backwash valve.
IMG_7746.jpegIMG_7740.jpeg

This is leaking from where the screw holes are at. Pool tech said it can't be fixed.. anyone have any creative solutions?

It almost looks like if i replace the valve body coming off the filter, it will fall apart though.
You could try Plast-Aid, but most likely a new valve is needed. Plast-Aid doesn't just stick like a glue but actually becomes a part of most any plastic it is applied to. It is very difficult to successfully repair a pressure leak. There are too many cracks in that valve body.
shopping

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.