Kboss717

May 21, 2023
Kentucky
We have a fiberglass insert that has a leak in the return line at one of the jets. This pool is old, I would guess at least 15 years based on when the house was built. My question is, has anyone ever seen a setup like this before? I looked online and don’t see anything like this, presumably because it’s ancient. I’m wondering if it’s something that is going to be extremely difficult to repair/replace.image.jpg

Can't tell if that's a handle. By the way, before I get too side-tracked, welcome to TFP! :)
Thank you. So the round piece that looks like it’s lit up is actually where the jet is, the top piece is attached and that has what looks like a flex piece that runs adjacent to the pipe below it running to the right. Guessing it hooks up to the other jet, maybe, could do, at this point I don’t know. It’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen and with it leaking at the the bottom of the non pvc piece I’m a lot concerned.

Okay, perhaps that's all they had on hand at the tme of install or something. Does seem a bit odd. But with a leak, you'll need to re-do the whoe jet connection anyway, so I suspedct you'll remove all of that anyway. Below is how mine was plumbed and installed. Maybe that will help give you some ideas.

full

full

full

full

A little update: I was able to get a photo of the top part and it says AIR on it. I’m pretty new to pools so I’m not sure what the purpose is. I’m presuming this pipe is connected to both of the just and the other jet looks just like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.