Leaking PVC hose connections

Sorry I don't have a pic tonight. I'll try tomorrow. I was creating a diversion with a shut off valve to attach my intex auto vacuum to. So that I could control the pressure to the vacuum. The leaks were where the intex hose attaches to the pvc connection. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

It leaked where the intex hose attaches to the pvc connector. Thank you.

No, I am not sure if I have the correct PVC connectors. I bought 2" PVC connectors that I glued to the end of pvc 2" pipes. The Intex hose screws on to these but leaks terribly. IDK, but thanks for the info.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No, I am not sure if I have the correct PVC connectors. I bought 2" PVC connectors that I glued to the end of pvc 2" pipes. The Intex hose screws on to these but leaks terribly. IDK, but thanks for the info.

The 2” MPT connectors will be close, but not an exact fit, and will not screw down far enough to seal against the rubber gasket/washer. Some have used two or three rubber washers to get them to stop leaking.

With the 40MM adapters I get no leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.