Leaking liner after a day or so after install.

tnt69

May 27, 2016
Chester, IL
I have replaced a liner that was 4 years old after the leaks (several) got too much to handle. Bought a similar liner from same company (on line) my pool company did not have one this big (21'X43' oval) but they installed it after putting down a poolcrete base and adding 2 floor drains. The new liner began leaking inside of 2 days and we patched 25+ holes that were in the same spot and placement as my previous liner. The liner company says they are not responsible for any defects other than seams after it is installed because the entire liner should be inspected before installing. I'm thinking how long it would take to inspect every inch of a 21X43 54 " deep pool, or if that is even possible. One line in the warranty says "Swimline pool liners are warranted to be free of defects in the seams for a period Twenty-Five (25) seasons" but the very first line says "Swimline warrants this liner to be free of defects in our workmanship"
So I am wondering this liner should be covered and replaced for free and because the first liner was 3 years old when it started leaking, it should cover the installment and expense of draining and refilling with water.
Has anyone had trouble with AG internet liners especially from Pool Factory/Swimline?

Last edited:
So far NO ONE has had any luck getting any liner company to help with a liner warranty claim. That includes me :( Well they would warranty it BUT I had to pay to ship the whole, old liner back to them and they would only pro-rate the new liner :shock: All of that would cost more than just buying a brand new liner and they know this :(

Liner companies generally only warranty seam seperations. Basically if the weld that they make when they manufacture the liner fails, they will sort of warranty it. It's pro-rated, and they often don't cover water or labor. It's interesting that the holes are in the same place. What type of pool do you have? Location of the holes?

Liner companies generally only warranty seam seperations. Basically if the weld that they make when they manufacture the liner fails, they will sort of warranty it. It's pro-rated, and they often don't cover water or labor. It's interesting that the holes are in the same place. What type of pool do you have? Location of the holes?
Purchased in 2011, it is a AG 21'X43'X 54" oval bought online from Nationwide Recreation. It is a Diamond Star luxury package. I have changed the liner in November of 2017. by the summer of 2019, it was leaking but not real bad. last year got much worse and we hired JOCO Pools from Anna, Illinois to change the liners, build a poolcrete bottom and add 2 floor drains. It was leaking enough to notice within 2 days of installment. Here are some pictures of the pool and the liner patches and holes.

Attachments

• Screenshot (213).png
    Screenshot (213).png
    361.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot (209).png
    Screenshot (209).png
    668 KB · Views: 31
  • 20211221-151411.jpg
    20211221-151411.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 30
Where are the holes showing up? You should really be on your original liner still, so something is wrong.
The original 2011 liner was changed basically because I was upgrading the Filter and Pump and wanted to try to get a better fit for the liner which had tons of wrinkles and a very bumpy sand base. Made this move after 2017 season in November. That liner installed then started leaking noticeably in late 2019. These little "gouges" or scrapes are all in an area 2 -5 inches above the bottom seam on both the new liner and the 2017 liner. And they are all around the pool, not get on one or two areas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.