NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello, we recently opened but have not started SLAM yet as I am trying to figure out why we continue to have leaking water (not gushing but steady small flow) from the waste pipe. It seems to be happening regardless of the position of the Hayward Multiport Valve. I took apart to look at spider gasket but realize there is no o-ring so wondering if something needs to be replaced or not? Additionally, I have noticed that when I put system on in recirculate the pump does not seem to stay primed. I intend to replace o-ring on the small plug at bottom (large o-ring on lid replaced last season and looks good). I did run the system in filter mode just enough to fill to push all air out and get water out of top. I am attaching some images of the multiport when open. Any guidance or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2316_50.jpg
    IMG_2316_50.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2311_50.jpg
    IMG_2311_50.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2314_50.jpg
    IMG_2314_50.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2315_50.jpg
    IMG_2315_50.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 5
If you confirm the spider gasket looks good, I would consider replacing the tension spring on that stem as well. It may not be applying enough pressure for the key way diverter to keep everything sealed in each setting.
Does this one have a separate spider gasket? It’s the whole unit no?

Some are one unit. Can you post a pic of the MPV model number ID label info?
Yes it the hayward sp715xr50. So based on this diagram the spider gasket is part 12 I believe but I don’t actually think it comes apart🤔. I did put it all back together and not leaking when on filter. Leaks on recirculate though. IMG_2319.png

I did put it all back together and not leaking when on filter. Leaks on recirculate though.
Well, at least some temporary progress. :goodjob: Let's see if @1poolman1 can clarify for us if the spider gasket is an option on this model worth trying to salvage, or if it's best to just replace the entire MPV.

Well, at least some temporary progress. :goodjob: Let's see if @1poolman1 can clarify for us if the spider gasket is an option on this model worth trying to salvage, or if it's best to just replace the entire MPV.
I always try the gasket first. Even if I have brought a new valve to the jobsite I'll replace the gasket as it is easier, 15- 20 minutes, and less expensive for the customer. A happy customer will call you back.

Reactions: Texas Splash
I always try the gasket first. Even if I have brought a new valve to the jobsite I'll replace the gasket as it is easier, 15- 20 minutes, and less expensive for the customer. A happy customer will call you back.
Thank you for your response. I looked up replacement for gasket on these and it looks like you have to do it with glue. Given that my equipment is below water line I don't think that I can just replace gasket as I wont be able to get the area dry. Would you say thats true? I am having same issue again after needing to backwash in that regardless of position there is a steady stream out waste pipe. You don't think that it could be the spring that needs to be replaced instead? The gasket from what I can see doesnt look to be in bad shape.IMG_2311_50.jpgIMG_2314_50.jpg