Leaking Circupool Cell

tylercol

Jun 29, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Hello,

I noticed a leak around the Circupool SJ salt cell where the cap threads into the housing after taking out the cell to clean it. I have changed the O-ring, placed plumbers tape on the threads and tinkered with it dozens of times but it still leaks/drips which accumulates a large amount of water overnight. It is not a defect in the plastic housing as when I place a winter cap on the housing instead of the salt cell it does not leak. It seems that the salt cell no longer provides a water tight seal. The only thing I can see when looking at the cell itself is a small indentation on the area that presses against the O-ring (picture attached). Would this be enough to cause a leak? I was going to try to fill this in with a plastic repair epoxy but wondering if anyone has any other ideas or experience with this. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-0401.jpg
    IMG-0401.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 20
Hello,

I noticed a leak around the Circupool SJ salt cell where the cap threads into the housing after taking out the cell to clean it. I have changed the O-ring, placed plumbers tape on the threads and tinkered with it dozens of times but it still leaks/drips which accumulates a large amount of water overnight. It is not a defect in the plastic housing as when I place a winter cap on the housing instead of the salt cell it does not leak. It seems that the salt cell no longer provides a water tight seal. The only thing I can see when looking at the cell itself is a small indentation on the area that presses against the O-ring (picture attached). Would this be enough to cause a leak? I was going to try to fill this in with a plastic repair epoxy but wondering if anyone has any other ideas or experience with this. Thanks.
Ours did the same thing last year and we could not get it to stop. Our whole unit was on its last leg, so we replaced the whole thing. Sorry I have no advice.

On another note, were you opening up your cell to clean it? It looks pretty corroded

I don't think its the O-ring since changing it didn't work and there is no leak with a winter cap on. Looks like there is some defect with the cell preventing a complete seal like it just doesn't push it tight enough against the O-ring. When the lid is screwed on tight, tightening it a little bit more will cause the metal plates/cell to turn inside the housing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.