Thanks Guys, It was an epic day, All the hard work paid off, I successfully completed both leak repairs, pool is up and running, no sign of leak anywhere.
If that wasn't enough to already make my year? I thought, Hey, Why not take another look at light that I marked for dead? The bulb socket (receptacle encased in potting compound) was so badly corroded from being submerged for so long, that when i tried to clean up contact tabs etc., they just broke off. The only metal left was a broken rivet that was way down in socket.

I managed to scrape a microscopic shiny ring, that i was able to solder on a tab that I took out of an old socket i had laying around. So I checked, voltage was 118. So I put bulb in to make sure? And it lit. I removed bulb, only to find the metal contact disc from new bulb was laying in bottom of socket.

I'm not making this up....

Today was my day! I was able to solder bulb back together(it lit), assemble light assembly, reinstall in niche, And... LET THERE BE LIGHT!

Heres the kicker, Knowing my chances of fixing light were slim and none, I picked up some cheap solar floating lights a few days ago. To which only one ended up working. Until tonight....Both lights illuminated tonight.

You know something? I just realized how selfish and materialistic I sound...and am. I mean seriously, In the context of the proverbial "big picture", In the "Grand Scheme" of life, are my pitty patty POOL issues really that significant? So significant, that I let it have some control over my life? So significant that I forget about whats really important? FAMILY, FRIENDS

It wouldn't be hard to live without a concrete pond in the back yard. But going through life without the love, understanding, support and compassion that FAMILY and FRIENDS provide, on a daily basis?.... Now that would be HARD!

I am truly blessed and so fortunate.

Thank You Lord, Thank You Jesus!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.