Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
There is no leaking water around my pump or filter, but if I turn off the pump, I get a gurgling sound from the filter (Pentair DE). I turn the pump back on and I need to relieve the air valve. Only thing I can guess is with pump on the large o-ring seals itself. Maybe unseals when off? Or maybe the air valve? I lube the o-ring well each cleaning (once a year).

Check your seal on the air valve or some other connection at the filter or further downstream. The filter should not be draining back down, especially if you had not experienced it before. Unlikely to be the filter body seal as once that is set it is normally good But the air valve may be operated several times where that seal is leaking.

One other tidbit. When I turn the pump off (or on), the filter housing creaks as if it's expanding/contracting. I don't believe it's ever done that.

One other tidbit. When I turn the pump off (or on), the filter housing creaks as if it's expanding/contracting. I don't believe it's ever done that.
That may be caused by the filter has drained and then the pump kicks on to fill and fully pressurize the complete filter.

Well, I tightened the clamp about 10 more turns, and seems to have fixed the problem. Odd, since normally about 1/4" of bolt is sticking out, now 1/2". Any rules of thumb how far to tighten it? I also noticed my oil filled gauge has no oil. Just ordered a new gauge.

Well, I tightened the clamp about 10 more turns, and seems to have fixed the problem. Odd, since normally about 1/4" of bolt is sticking out, now 1/2". Any rules of thumb how far to tighten it? I also noticed my oil filled gauge has no oil. Just ordered a new gauge.
The instructions state that the tension spring should be fully compressed - i.e. every coil in contact with the adjacent ones

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.