Leak or Seepage?

We just put up our pool two days ago and now we have some pooling around the base. It did rain pretty good five days before installation. When digging/leveling the ground was very wet so we left it to dry for three days before the install. The ting that worries me is that the water seems to be coming from between the liner and the padding. I was not able to watch when the barrier and padding were installed but I am pretty sure they are not taped together. The water is currently confined to only a small section of the pool. Not the worries one wants when starting their pool journey. Thanks for any feedback.

IMG_0730.jpgIMG_0734.jpgIMG_0732.jpgIMG_0728 (2).jpgIMG_0731.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Doolittle and Welcome !!!!!

Do you have inground sprinklers ? Perhaps you damaged a line that passed through the area during install, or maybe a nearby head is spraying the side of the pool and needs to be adjusted so it doesn't puddle up ?

With the size of the puddle in the first pic, I imagine you'd see the water dropping quickly if it was a leak.

On a somewhat unrelated note, you want the wall and bottom rail fully exposed. Anything touching them, be it dirt, mulch or gravel, will retain moisture. Wall rust from moisture will be the likely eventual failure of your pool and you want to put that off as long as possible. Having the bottom edge be able to fully air dry at all times will help longevity. (It appears the bottom rail is resin but the wall isnt)

Hello Newdude
Thanks for the tip on keeping the rail dry.
No we do not have in ground sprinklers. It rains enough down here that Mother Nature takes care of the grass. My wife dried up the puddle this mroning and within about 15 minutes it was back again but it seems to stay at the depth. It does make me feel like that might be water getting pressed out of the ground from the weight of the pool but being a newbie, I am concerned.

It does make me feel like that might be water getting pressed out of the ground from the weight of the pool
While the disturbed area may have been covered when it was still slightly wet, the surrounding area seems plenty dry now.

Screenshot_20230701_124726_Chrome.jpg

My wife dried up the puddle this mroning and within about 15 minutes
Give it time and monitor it. Hopefully it stops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.