Leak only in FILTER mode on Hayward 244T

Mar 18, 2015
Safety Harbor, FL
So, I have this leak between the Multiport flange, and the tank flange where they join, but ONLY when I'm in FILTER mode. On recirculate it doesn't leak there. And it when in FILTER mode, it only leaks on one side. That seamed side used to be under the MPV (multi port valve) section for FILTER. When I emptied the tank of water, and rotated it about 120°, it's still leaks in that same spot. I checked for debris, etc., but can find no obvious crack, divots or holes, but there has to be SOMETHING going on. I did suspect a crack, so I marine epoxied at that seam area. It seemed to help, but not much. I'm at the point where I'm thinking just spend the $600 and get a new tank. I'm at my wits end.

Anything else I'm missing to look for? I put a new diverter/gasket unit in it a month ago. Could it be the DIVERTER that's failing somehow?

Help!
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.