Leak in Gunite Pool, Spa and Pool both losing water

Jun 19, 2013
Sunny Florida
Hi Guys, Im closing on a house that had a pretty bad pool, was green and overlooked for a while. The water seemed to always be right below the level of the pool light. The seller got the pool blue again, but every time I see the pool, the spa and the pool are both low in water. The seller had someone patch the light niche, but this didnt solve the problem. The water level is now above the pool light but beneath the pool returns. Both the spa and pool seem to be low in water, both below the returns. What can I do to get this thing figured out??? :/

HI Florida person with the best av. picture I have seen in a while! LOL love it!

So when you say below the returns do you mean RIGHT below them as if the returns are leaking? A picture will help us help you.

Kim:kim: (I had a golden named Jolly Mon. I still miss him :(

Hi there! Thank you! LOL

The water level was right below the pool light always, but since the seller says he fixed the pool light niche, the water level is now above that area but below the returns, however he is filling it up constantly with a hose just staying at a steady small stream so I dont know. It seems to be now below the returns in both the spa and pool. Someone online said they would do a leak detection for $245 using sonar. Is this the next step? Maybe I should first turn off the running water and see where the level goes.

Jolly Mon and Mandy the beagle are together...

Are you in the house now? I am thinking let the water go down below the returns. See if it stops there. If it keeps going down after that that points to the main drain.

If it stops just under the returns of course that points to them being the problem.

We will go step by step until it is found.

I see you have your siggy filled out but it does not say vinyl or plaster. Please fill that out as well.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.