Leak help

alexeygu

Nov 6, 2023
Florida
Hi All,

I just purchased a home and noticed that I've been losing about 1" of water per day here in SE Florida. I tried turning the pool off for 24 hours and on for 24 hours, and the loss was about the same. I then ordered some plugs to try to plug returns and diagnose where a leak is coming from, but didn't have enough fittings. I happened to plug the port attached in the picture, which I think is for a vacuum? 24 hours later, and no leak, so a lucky guess.

Could anyone tell me what this is and why it might be leaking? Is it ok to just leave it plugged and turn the pool back on as I have no use for it?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 72097210738__8D676ADE-8019-4F0B-9FE0-B3EECD9AA518.jpg
    72097210738__8D676ADE-8019-4F0B-9FE0-B3EECD9AA518.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Yes, that is a cover to your vacuum port/line. If it's leaking when open, I suspect the vacuum line has a break somewhere between that hole in the wall and back towards your equipment pad where the pump is that support your vacuum (i.e. Polaris). If you still need more help, feel free to post some pics of te pool and especially your equipment pad so we can see all the plumbing and equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.